Friday, May 02, 2008

Area designer (team) wanted!

OK, as I'm (hopefully) coming into the final stages of Chapter 2, my mind is drifting towards Chapter 3... which will usher in quite a change of scene as the party leave the wilds and rural areas and head to the city. As I mentioned in a post below, I'd envisaged the story taking place in Cormyr, and what the locals are now calling 'Ellesmere Port' is in fact Marsember (reasons why become clear at the end of chapter 2).




Now whilst most know my extrerior areas are a little 'wonky', I'm keen to bring a vibrant city to life in chapter 3. Marsember is an interesting place, and I think translating the map in the image above into three dimensions will create a really evocative place to run around. Well, it would, if it's not me doing the area design...

So that's where my request comes in. I'd love to have a a builder or a small team help me make this area (well, several areas in terms of the toolset) a reality in the NWN2 toolset. I realise my limitations here, and am keen to get help. This lets me work on finishing chapter 2 - and with the area complete, I can dive straight into the meat of chapter 3 without bogging myself down with this task I know I might struggle with. I'd plan on having the area released as a prefab for the community to use too.

Do let me know if you are interested.

And don't forget the IRC chat tomorrow!

7 comments:

Merecraft said...

Ellesmere Port? Heh, I've spent far to long at the real place, let alone a virtual one :p

That's a great map though and would look great translated into game. hard work though I imagine after building my own city.

Wyrin said...

Heh. I used to live on the Wirral, so I know the real area pretty well and used a few local names in Chapter 1!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if I cover the irc chat and the round table at the same time, would anyone notice "looks around" hmmm...

:))

Anonymous said...

Wyrin. did anyone save the irc chat? I caught Jonny's cold bug. I over slept with cold medicine head! :(

ta
Liso

Ernie Noa said...

I don't do much work in teams, but you know, if I didn't have my own project going I think I'd consider it. I enjoy area design and think VERY HIGHLY of your work.

Perhaps someday if my Hythum is ever finished and the stars align, etc...

Good luck finding someone.

Wyrin said...

Thanks Ernie! I'm not exactly inundated with offers(!) so far so looks Like I'll be having a go at this myself - well, people were warned! ;)

I appreciate the offer - but it'd be a disservice to distract you from Hytumn the way it seems to be going! Looks like your brief hiatus has had you coming back with a vengeance to the toolset!

Anonymous said...

Wyrin, I am holding up my hand. "I will be happy to step in and start working on some Marsember -- uhh, I mean, Ellesmere areas for your module."

Will I need MotB to make the whole package operational for you?

You can also post me or PM at the Citadel or the Bioware/NWN2 forums.

dunniteowl